Justia Lawyer Rating
Super Lawyers Badge
Avvo Badge
Massachusetts Bar Association
Top-Rated Lawyer

Case Results » Miscellaneous Crimes

  • General Continuance for Cook Charged With Minor in Possession of Alcohol

    Our client is a line cook who works nearly 80 hours per week. Last summer, after a long shift he went to a liquor store and picked up a twelve pack of beer. Not more than five minutes after leaving the store he was stopped by the police. The alcohol was taken from him and he was charged with violation G.L. c. 138 section 34C, a minor in possession of alcohol. Today, we convinced the district attorney to agree to a general continuance. The case will be dismissed outright in a few months. 

    Read More in Miscellaneous Crimes

  • Charges of Annoying and Accosting Against Local High School Teacher Dismissed

    Our client is a local high school teacher currently on suspension for pending charges of annoying and accosting under G.L. c. 272 section 53. We believed that one of the counts was not supported by evidence. As a result, we filed and argued a motion to dismiss. The district attorney's office alleged that our client would make rude sexual comments to his class and that at least 5-6 times a class period he would look down at her breasts making her feel uncomfortable. The judge agreed with our motion and dismissed this charge against our client. 

    Read More in Miscellaneous Crimes

  • Charges of Threatening to Commit a Crimes Dismissed and Sealed

    Recently, our client got pretrial probation under G.L. c. 276 section 87 for a case involving threatening to commit a crime under G.L. c. 275 section 2. After successfully completing the pretrial probation the case was appropriately dismissed. Our client wanted to have the case sealed under G.L. c. 276 section 100C. Attorney Neyman was hired to do this. Today, our petition was allowed and the case was dismissed. 

    Read More in Sealing Criminal Records

  • Arraignment Continued on Threatening to Commit a Crime Case Against Non-Citizen

    Our client is a non-citizen who is in school and works at a convenience store. There have been a series of thefts at the store. The store owner deduced that one of his other employees had been stealing from him. He confronted that employee and called the police. When the officers arrived the accused employee tried to deflect attention from herself and complained that our client was stealing from the store and that he had threatened to kill her if she told on him. He was charged with threatening to commit a crime under G.L. c. 275 section 2. Today, Attorney Neyman convinced the district attorney's office not to arraign our client pending a further investigation into the legitimacy of the allegations. The arraignment was continued. 

    Read More in Threats

  • Charges of Threatening to Commit a Crime Against Scientist Dismissed

    Our client is a well known scientist working in the biomedical industry. For several years he has had difficulties with neighbors who have been  harassing him. One day he decided to respond to the harassment by placing a threatening note under their door. The note was turned over to the local police who applied for a complaint. Our client never attended the clerk magistrate hearing and a summons for arraignment on the complaint was issued. The charges were threatening to commit a crime under G.L. c. 275 section 2. Attorney Neyman was hired. Today, the day of arraignment we were able to get all charges dismissed. 

    Read More in Threats

  • Charges of Disorderly Person Against Licensed Social Worker Dismissed

    Our client is a licensed social worker. A couple of days ago she was at a local establishment celebrating her birthday. She was inebriated and asked to leave the premises. She objected and became hostile. The police were called. The woman continued this behavior and refused to leave the establishment. She also struck one of the officers. Fortunately, the officers refrained from bring an assault and battery on a police charge against her. However, she was arrested and charged with disorderly person under G.L. Chapter 272 section 53. Today, the day of arraignment we were able to get the case dismissed. 

    Read More in Assault and Battery on a Police Officer

  • Charges of Trespass Against Software Developer Dismissed

    Our client was at a restaurant/bar enjoying a night out with his girlfriend. The girlfriend was acting up and asked to leave the bar. She did. The boyfriend however took issue with this. After some heated discussion he too was asked to leave. He did however he returned to continue with his argument. The police were called and he was summonsed to court, charged with trespass under G.L. Chapter 266 section 120. Attorney Neyman was hired. Today, all charges were dismissed. 

    Read More in Trespass

  • Charges of Vandalism and Trespass Against Renowned Artist Dismissed

    The defendant is a well known artist in New England. In January of this year he was charged with vandalizing property under G.L. c. 266 section 126A and trespassing under G.L. c. 266 section 123. The police provided the following information. On the day of the offense a man reported seeing suspicious activity on train tracks. He called the police. The man told them that he saw two individuals walking down the tracks wearing a backpack. The officers located one individual, the co-defendant and observed him in possession of spray paint. He was also covered with paint. The officers then located two vehicles parked in the area. One belonged to the co-defendant and one to our client. Our client fit the description of the man who reported the activity. Consequently, these charges were issued. Attorney Neyman filed and successfully argued a motion to dismiss these charges. 

    Read More in Miscellaneous Crimes

  • Complaint for Trespass Does Not Issue Following Clerk Magistrate Hearing

    The defendant is a computer engineer with several graduate degrees. He has a passion for photography. Several weeks ago he was taking pictures of historic buildings that are owned by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. In order to get a clearer shot of the property he climbed over the fence. He was quickly surrounded by state troopers and interrogated. When he told them what he was doing he was given a summons for a clerk magistrate hearing charging him with trespassing under G.L. c. 266 Section 120. He hired Attorney Stephen Neyman to represent him. Today, after a clerk magistrate hearing no complaint issued. The matter was dismissed.

    Read More in Miscellaneous Crimes

  • Charges of trespassing and disturbing a public assembly to be dismissed

    Roxbury District Court: Our client, a local college student, was arrested and charged with trespassing and disturbing a public assembly after allegedly jumping a wall at Fenway Park during a game and running onto the field. Our office was able to get the case continued without a finding for only 3 months, meaning that all charges will be dismissed in 3 months provided that our client stays out of criminal legal trouble.

  • Charges of Disorderly Conduct against Boston Businessman Dismissed Prior to Arraignment

    Boston Municipal Court # 10-7918. According to Boston Police, on November 6, 2010 at 2:11 a.m. Boston Police officers were transporting a prisoner to the station for booking. They were on State Street when the defendant walked out in front of the cruiser, blocking its path and obstructing the police. The police officers tried to get the defendant to move out of the way. Instead, he started to dance. He was arrested and charged with Disorderly Conduct. Our office succeeded in getting the case dismissed today prior to arraignment.

Client Reviews
"We went to trial and won. He saved me fifteen years mandatory in state prison for this case." A.C. Boston, Massachusetts
"I hired him and he got the case dismissed before I had to go into a courtroom. My school never found out and if they had I would have lost my academic scholarships. He really saved my college career." Melissa C. Cold Spring, New York, October 2013
"My union rep told me to call Steve Neyman. From the get go I felt comfortable with him. He took the time to talk to me about my case whenever I needed .... He even gave me his personal cell number and took all my calls. We won the case and I kept my job." Bart L. S.
"The best criminal defense lawyer in Massachusetts. Takes all of his client's calls at any time of the day or night. He was always there for me and my family. Steve saved my life." Jacquille D. Brockton, Massachusetts
"In less than two months Stephen Neyman got my old conviction vacated. I now have no criminal record." Paul W. Boston, Massachusetts