Motor Vehicle Offenses
When a person violates state mandated driving laws, he/she is committing a motor vehicle offense. Most motor vehicle offenses are categorized as infractions or misdemeanors, but that does not mean that these offenses should be taken lightly. All motor vehicle offenses should be regarded as serious due to the legal penalties and consequences that are involved.
In the state of Massachusetts, commonly committed motor vehicle offenses include, but are not limited to: speeding, reckless driving, DWI, DUI, OUI, driving without insurance, operating with a suspended driver’s license, unpaid traffic tickets, unpaid vehicle fines, hit and run, and leaving the scene of an accident.
- Motor Vehicle Homicide
- Operating After Suspension or Revocation of License
- Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle
- Operating Negligently So As To Endanger
- Operating Without Being Licensed
- Operating Recklessly
- Road Racing
- Use of a Vehicle Without Authority
- Failure to Obey a Police Officer
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Attaching Wrong Plates to Conceal Identity
- Making a False Statement in a License Application
Motor Vehicle Offense Penalties
In most cases, motor vehicle offenses result in fines or driver’s license penalties. However, in cases involving serious motor vehicle offenses, a conviction can result in far more severe legal consequences, such as: jail time, hefty fines, community service, probation, and driver’s license suspension. Additionally, charges and sentencing can be enhanced if the person has been convicted of prior motor vehicle offenses, if the person caused bodily harm to another person, or if the person caused extensive property damage.
Boston and Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Offense Attorney
Once you have been charged with a serious motor vehicle offense in Boston, you will need to retain the services of a professional, experienced criminal defense attorney who has a successful track record when it comes to fighting motor vehicle offenses in the state of Massachusetts. When you face such life-altering legal consequences, you cannot risk being without reliable, aggressive legal representation.
At the Law Offices of Stephen Neyman, P.C., we are fully prepared to handle your motor vehicle case. As a leading Boston criminal defense law firm, we can provide you with the direction and legal counsel you need to fight your misdemeanor or felony motor vehicle offense. Call our Law Offices today for your initial consultation at 1-617-263-6800 or contact us online.
- High Bail Set For Massachusetts Woman Charged With Motor Vehicle Homicide Kathleen Allen, a twenty three year old Middleboro, Massachusetts woman was held on one hundred thousand dollars bail after her arraignment in the ....
- Woman Defends Motor Vehicle Charges Claiming That Heroin and Methamphetamine Were Forcibly Injected in Her About two months ago a police officers were looking for a car reported stolen. Shortly thereafter officers located a vehicle fitting the description ....
- Massachusetts Woman, 34, to be Charged With Motor Vehicle Homicide by way of Negligent Operation The Brockton Enterprise reports that Mary Lukasik, a Massachusetts woman will be charged following an accident that resulted in a death just two days ....