Boston Criminal Defense Attorney Stephen Neyman
At the Law Offices of Stephen Neyman, we represent people who have been accused or charged with crimes in Boston, Massachusetts and the surrounding areas. Mr. Neyman has been a dedicated Boston criminal lawyer for more than 20 years. He understands the rights of the criminally accused, as well as the high stakes involved for defendants and their families. Mr. Neyman’s tough advocacy for his clients has led to many victories and favorable settlements.
Massachusetts’ powerful state and federal prosecutors work hard to secure convictions in their cases. Therefore, if you are accused of a crime, it is critical to hire a criminal defense attorney with significant experience, a strong reputation, and fearlessness.
The Boston criminal lawyers at our firm are not afraid to challenge prosecutors. From the outset, we work tirelessly in an effort to get the charges against you dismissed or reduced. If a dismissal is not possible, we continue to negotiate with prosecutors, while building the strongest defense we can for trial. We investigate, interview, work to exclude damaging evidence, and interact with the media if needed. If you have experienced an unfavorable ruling or verdict, we have the experience necessary to file and argue an appeal.
Experienced Massachusetts Criminal Defense Attorneys
Not all criminal defense attorneys are able to handle a case from arraignment through post-conviction appellate procedures. The skills required to successfully try cases are different from those required to appeal. Mr. Neyman has successfully taken more than 100 criminal cases to trial, and appealed approximately 50 criminal convictions in both state and federal courts throughout Massachusetts. He is well respected by state and federal prosecutors, as well as judges.
Before moving to Massachusetts in 1990, Mr. Neyman served as a Deputy District Attorney in Los Angeles County, prosecuting a variety of gang offenses, from drug crimes to murders. With a background in prosecution, Mr. Neyman has a strong handle on how criminal prosecutors build their cases, and what kinds of strategies are likely to be successful both in negotiating with prosecutors before trial, and in front of a jury.
Our office is staffed with skilled and talented legal professionals committed to the highest standards of professional representation. We are accessible to our clients and potential clients twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week. Although our offices are maintained in Boston, Massachusetts, Mr. Neyman has appeared in and handled criminal cases in federal and state courts in New Hampshire, Maine, New York, California, and Arizona. He has also handled complex civil and criminal matters in Florida, North Carolina, Texas, Indiana, Illinois, and the District of Columbia.
At the Law Offices of Stephen Neyman, we have substantial experience defending all varieties of criminal cases, including those involving:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Drug crimes
- Federal crimes
- Domestic violence
- Sex crimes
- Probation violations
- White collar crimes
- Violent crimes
- Motor vehicle offenses
- Restraining orders
- Clerk’s hearings
Dedicated and Personalized Advocacy
Every criminal case is different. Every person accused of a crime possesses different motivations, family background, financial circumstances, and needs. What is common to all criminal cases, however, is the need for a zealous and aggressive criminal defense advocate. Enlisting an advocate who understands the law, and fights tirelessly on his clients’ behalf, can significantly impact the outcome of your case.
The potential legal penalties for criminal convictions are harsh. They can include lengthy jail or prison time, hefty fines, intensive treatment programs, many hours of community service, and probation. Just as difficult as these legal consequences is the social stigma that accompanies a conviction, which can be debilitating, affecting one’s job opportunities and personal relationships.
If you have been accused or charged with a crime, or you are unhappy with the outcome of your criminal case, consult our experienced Massachusetts criminal defense lawyers. All consultations are confidential and protected by the attorney-client privilege. Contact us at (617) 263-6800 via our online form.
- Possession, Distribution of Child Pornography Against Former Peabody Cop Charged Following Computer Search Late last week Julie Manganis of the Salem News reported that Joseph Ferrante, a retired Peabody, Massachusetts police officer has been charged with ....
- Taunton Massachusetts Couple Face Drug Trafficking Charges After Parole Violation Investigation Just yesterday Taunton, Massachusetts police were investigating "a potential parole violator" on Crossman Street. Around 5:30 p.m. they went to a home ....
- Should the Imposition of Alcoholics Anonymous as a Condition of Probation be Deemed Unconstitutional in Massachusetts? Here in Massachusetts, persons charged with first offense operating under the influence (OUI /DUI) and certain second time OUI offenders may have the ....
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Holds That Campus Police Officer Who Made OUI Stop Off Campus Acted Within Scope of his Authority Just a few days ago the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court decided the case of Commonwealth v. Smeaton, SJC-11208 a matter occurring in the vicinity ....